Friday 29 October 2010

Stir Fry


My daughter wanted to take this photo because she thought it would look good on my blog - I think she is right! I quite often make stir fry with some of the veg from my bag but looking back I don't seem to have posted it before. This is from a couple of weeks ago so the contents of the bag have changed slightly since then. 

The carrots, cucumber and green pepper came from the veg bag, I think the red pepper probably came from Greenshoots - a charity using gardening to work with vulnerable adults, one of True Food Co-op's local suppliers.  Cucumber works really well in a stir fry and I always include it when I have some.

The tofu is 'Taifun' brand, smoked with almonds and sesame seeds. If I can be bothered I fry it up separately to get it nice a crisp. If not  it just goes in with the veg! I usually serve this with rice with thinly sliced pieces of omelet mixed in, something I learnt in Singapore when we briefly lived there when I was young. Boil/steam the rice as normal leave it to go completely cold before frying it up with the sliced omelet and chopped green part of spring onions if available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment