Monday 21 June 2010

Beetroot Tzatziki


More lovely beetroot. This week I made some beetroot tzatziki. I got the recipe from a fantastic book I was given for my birthday. Its called Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen. It tells you how to make your own butter, hang game and make your own chorizo. I haven't done any of these things I'm afraid! It also has some straight forward recipes like this tzatziki, although it was supposed to be something you did with your home-made yoghurt. 

It was very easy, just mix together all the ingredients and chill. I was a bit worried about grating cooked beetroot, I changed into some old clothes before I started, but wasn't too bad in the end. The end result was a beautiful bright pink colour.

110g beetroot, cooked and grated 

8 tablespoons natural yoghurt

2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped

salt, pepper and pinch of caster sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment