Thursday 22 July 2010

Local Lunch


I haven't blogged this week not because I haven't been using the produce in my veg bag but I haven't done anything new with it. 

I've also been busy with a new food project. I'm presenting  a show about local food on Reading's new community radio station Reading4U. It is called Local Lunch and goes out live on Thursdays 12.00 - 14.00 (UK time).   I play music and talk about what's in season, local food events and interview someone involved with local food around Reading. This week my guest was Sharon Fitton who is coordinator of a project called food4families, which helps people grow their own food.

The radio station is currently only available over the internet - we are hoping to get a broadcast licence soon. It does mean that you can listen to the show from wherever you are in the world just go here and then click on 'listen live now'.

My seasonal recipe on the show today was pancetta and broad bean risotto but I didn't want to post another broad bean risotto recipe here. If you are on facebook there is a fanpage Local Lunch.   The lovely carrots in the profile photo are from my veg bag! My guests get the added bonus of sharing my lunch so if you know anyone who would make a good guest of if you would like to come on yourself then let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment