Monday 7 February 2011

Spicy bean sprouts

I've mentioned the sprouted seeds before. They come in the veg  bag when there is not enough farm produce to make up the value of the veg bag. They come from Sky Sprouts in Devon and are a mixture of sprouted Adzuki beans, Mung beans and Chickpeas. 

I used a handful of last weeks tub in a sandwich (with smoked aubergine dip - yum!) and the rest in this spicy lunch on Sunday. 



This recipe includes grated fresh ginger. I keep pieces of whole ginger in the freezer and grate it straight from the freezer when I need it. I would have used fresh chilli but as I didn't have any I used some Very Lazy red chillies, flakes of dried chilli in white wine vinegar - very useful.  

ingredients

serves 2

half an onion, chopped

teaspoon of cumin seeds crushed in a pestle & mortar

1/2 teaspoon grated ginger

teaspoon of Very Lazy chilli

200g mixed sprouted beans

shredded savoy cabbage heart (or whatever green stuff you have)

Fry the onion for 5 mins , and then add the cumin, ginger and chilli and cook for a further minute. Add the beans and cabbage and cook until heated through.   


No comments:

Post a Comment