Sunday 13 March 2011

Leek and potatoes

Part of my day job is to collect True Food's weekly order of veg from Tolhurst Organic Produce. When I was there last Thursday I commented that that leeks looked good "We've got too many leeks and potatoes" was the reply. So when thinking about what to have as a light Sunday lunch (you know something to keep you going between cooked breakfast and roast dinner) I thought I'd do my bit to use up the leek and potato mountain.

While the potato was in the microwave I finely chopped the leek and gently fried in butter and olive oil. Added black pepper and dried rosemary and once the leek was softened stirred in a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and a desert spoon of cream (just because I happened to have some in the fridge!).

No comments:

Post a Comment